Brown Rice, Tomatoes, and Basil
4 SmartPoints per serving on WW Freestyle
- 1 cup Texmati Light Brown Rice uncooked
- 2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes large-diced
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves chopped
- Bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil and add the rice and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, remaining teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Pour over the rice. Add the tomatoes and basil. Mix well and check the seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe by Ina Garten - https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/brown-rice-tomatoes-and-basil-recipe-1945224