Summer Walk Challenge – Check-In #5

Hey there, Summer Walk Challengers! It’s time for our week 5 weekly check-in. It’s hard to believe we only have ONE week remaining in this challenge!

First of all, I just have to tell you that this point is going to be really short.  I only have a few minutes between sessions here at FitBloggin‘ to get it posted.

Don’t forget, you’ll need to check in and meet the goal every week during the challenge to be eligible for the prize drawing at the end of the challenge. If you have any questions, you can either check out the challenge FAQs or just leave a comment here and I’ll be happy to answer them.

As a reminder, this check-in is for last Friday, June 21, through Thursday, June 27. Please report for that time period ONLY. All you have to do to check-in for the Summer Walk Challenge is leave a comment below and share with us whether you met the goal for the week. You should have a total of at least 7 miles to meet the challenge goal for this. If you have more than that, that’s great! Just check in with how many actual miles you completed. To be eligible for the prize drawing at the end, you need to check in by no later than 11:59pm on Monday, July 1.

Please keep checking in daily on my Facebook page, on my Twitter feed using our hashtag #walkwithmel, on Instagram, and on Dailymile. It’s so encouraging knowing others are out there still plugging away at this with me. nod

As for me, I got in a total of 10 miles this week!  Even though I didn’t have a formal “workout” yesterday since I was traveling to FitBloggin’, between all of the airport walking and then wandering around at the opening night mixer, I managed to get in 8,698 steps (over 3.5 miles of walking) on my Fitbit yesterday.

Before I go, I’ll leave you with a quick photo from FitBloggin’.  Susan (a.k.a. Foodie McBody) was demonstrating the “international symbol” of want/need a hug to everyone during the opening mixer.

Free Hugs

Well, that’s how my week went. What about you? Check-in and let us know!

Until next time … keep on walking! )

Melissa Script Sig

Print Friendly

Tagged: , ,

1. Adah 28 June, 2013 at 10:21 am Reply

14.98…I should have been paying attention so I could have gotten in 15 miles this week. Loving the #walkwithmel challenge!

• Beth 29 June, 2013 at 6:46 am Reply

June 21-27-29 miles

2. AnnG 28 June, 2013 at 12:07 pm Reply

22.7 miles for me this week! So glad you set this up for us! Such a great challenge!!
    AnnG recently posted..Wow!! Neglecting the Blog….My Profile

3. Rachel 28 June, 2013 at 12:19 pm Reply

Was that FitBloggin in Pioneer Square this morning around 6:30am PT? I saw a good group of people all in workout wear and jogging around – Way to go you (and for getting workouts in before the heat really hit today)

This week I managed to get in ~17 miles. A fitbit co-worker friend is really motivating me to get out and match her step for step. Our walks at lunch have been great fun

• TheDailyMel 9 July, 2013 at 8:44 pm Reply

Hey Rachel! I apologize for the delayed response, but yes, that was some of the FitBloggin’ folks out for the 6am bootcamp. *ahem* I wasn’t one of them. lol The bed at The Nines was so comfy that I decided to sleep in a bit instead. )

4. Nancy 28 June, 2013 at 4:44 pm Reply

I got in 15.6 miles this week. Hope you are having fun at Fitbloggin. Oneof these years, I am going to get there. This year it was finally at a time I couldgo. It’s just so far away, it made it out of my price range. (

5. Jody - Fit at 55 28 June, 2013 at 9:24 pm Reply

Wish I was there to meet you – looks like so much fun!!!! Comment luv is not working anywhere for me so… )

Koss FitSeries FitBuds & FitClips Review http://truth2beingfit.com/2013/06/27/koss-fitseries-fitbuds–fitclips-review.aspx

6. Tammy Jones 28 June, 2013 at 9:46 pm Reply

9.2 miles for me this past week. I did 3.1 today tho (know it’ll count for next week) since I’m *finally* over my lingering respiratory infection.

Have a great week and a happy July 4th! {{hugs}}

7. Karen P 29 June, 2013 at 9:06 am Reply

I walked an ave of 15,000 steps per day. 5+ miles or more. Good stuff
    Karen P recently posted..Another favorite podcast- Half Size MeMy Profile

8. Megan 30 June, 2013 at 2:27 pm Reply

6/21: 2.4+.75
    6/22: 3
    6/23: .5+2.5
    6/24: 2.4+1.5
    6/25: 1.8+1.5
    6/26: 2.4+.75
    6/27: 1.8+.75

Week 5 Total = 22.05 miles

I loved seeing your posts on Instagram of Fitbloggin’. Looks like you had a great time!!

I’m sad we are already on our last week of the challenge. But I have decided to keep the momentum going and push myself to continue this daily walking streak until Labor Day. By then, I hope to have 200 miles walked. )

9. Karen P 1 July, 2013 at 8:29 am Reply

Hello Mel! I”ve been off the grid over the last week or so. But I’ve logged in my longest walking days this year.

I’ve been 5+ miles each day. Somewhere between 13,00- 16000 steps per day. Fun, fantastic and loving that I’ve maintained my weight so long and that I fuel my body the way that supports my long walking days. I’ll be blogging more about it soon.

Yes! I’ve met the challenge.
    Karen P recently posted..Happy Canada Day, 2013- eh?My Profile

10. Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me 1 July, 2013 at 8:45 am Reply

You can put me down for another 7 this week! Woohoo!!
    Thea @ It’s Me Vs. Me recently posted..Children’s Village 5k RecapMy Profile

11. Barbi 1 July, 2013 at 8:43 pm Reply

14 miles for me this past week. Just got back from a great long weekend!