FitBloggin’ Photo Explosion – Part One

FitBloggin'

As I’m sure you all know, especially if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I was at FitBloggin last weekend.  I had an AWESOME time!  As always, Roni put together an amazing conference, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, and the sponsors spoiled us with loads of swag.

I initially thought about doing a very detailed recap of the weekend and all the sessions I attended, but I just had too difficult of a time trying to cull down the 300+ photos I took while I was there.  Instead. I’m just going to throw out two posts exploding with photos accompanied by my thoughts on each. As always, you can click on any photo to biggify it.  Note: A couple of photos are from event photographer Carrie D. because mine didn’t come out well enough to use.  I guess that will teach me to not try and rely solely on my iPhone camera for anything I know I’ll want to blog later. no Lesson learned!

For any photos from sessions I attended, I’ll also include a link to the Live Blog recap. If you want to read recaps for every session that took place over the weekend, you can do that by checking out the Live Blogs section the FitBloggin’ website.

Also, don’t forget to stop by and sign up for my Summer Slimdown Challenge! You can read more about it here.  It kicks off on Monday, July 15, but initial weigh-ins will happen on Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14.

Day 1 – Travel/Arrival Day

View from the plane

A beautiful day for flying!

First Class Breakfast

I upgraded to First Class, so I got a tasty hot breakfast.

The Nines Portland

Our gorgeous room at The Nines in downtown Portland.

FitBloggin' Mixer

Opening night mixer fun with Susan.

Day 2 – Full Conference Day

FitBloggin' Breakfast

Starting the day off with an amazing breakfast. Photo by Carrie D.

FitBloggin' Session

Margo and Jen leading the “Getting Back from Gaining Back” session as Kelly looks on.  Photo by Carrie D.

FitBloggin' Lunch

An awesome lunch! Carrot ginger soup, turkey sandwich, smoked salmon, balsamic portobellos, hummus, fruit salad, and pasta salad.

FitBloggin' Hug Demo

Alan and Susan gave a hug demonstration prior to handing out Free Hug headbands to everyone.

FitBloggin' Fashion Show

Emily coordinated an awesome athletic wear fashion show featuring (among others) clockwise: Carla, Renée, Dani, and Kelly.

FitBloggin' Ignite Fitness Presentations

Hanging out before the Ignite Fitness presentations (L to R): Tracy, Thea, Steve, Dani, Alan, Kelly, Erika, Dacia, and Brooke. Sorry for some of the weirdness on a couple of faces. Gotta love panoramic iPhone photos!

FitBloggin' Hiccups

Renée tries to help Erika cure her hiccups. No, really, I promise!

FitBloggin' Karaoke

A night of karaoke got people up and moving!

FitBloggin' Karaoke

I think this may be my favorite photo of the weekend! Susan and Karen came down in their robes and slippers to sing karaoke. Photo by Carrie D.

Slippers from The Nines

After a full day of activities, it was time for a little down time. It was made that much easier with the slippers provided by The Nines!

Well, that’s it for now.  I’ll be back tomorrow (hopefully) with my part two post covering the rest of the FitBloggin’ activities.  Until then ….

Melissa Script Sig

Print Friendly

Tagged: , , ,

1. Nancy Collins 8 July, 2013 at 5:31 am Reply

Looks like fun. I hope you’ll be back tomorrow with more pictures and the winner of the walk challenge prizes.
    Nancy Collins recently posted..The Difference Between 18 and 58My Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 10:23 am Reply

Hey Nancy! Even if I don’t have time for part two of the photo explosion, I will be back with the winner of the walk challenge giveaway. )

2. Jeremy Logsdon 8 July, 2013 at 5:36 am Reply

I really appreciate all the reviews; it’s my way of living vicariously. Hopefully, next year I’ll be there! )
    Jeremy Logsdon recently posted..Mowing, Broken Dishes, & a Sore BackMy Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 10:24 am Reply

If Nashville wins the pick for FitBloggin’14, you pretty much have to be there, Jeremy. )

3. Jody - Fit at 55 8 July, 2013 at 6:35 am Reply

I am like Jeremey – living vicariously thru the posts! So much fun!
    Jody – Fit at 55 recently posted..Gratitude Monday & the Holiday WeekendMy Profile

4. Patty 8 July, 2013 at 8:30 am Reply

Awesome recap! Loved seeing some of my favorite peeps! Hope I get to see you next year )
    Patty recently posted..Motivational Monday QuoteMy Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 10:26 am Reply

Missed seeing you this year, Patty! I’m definitely hoping to make it back again next year, but it will all depend upon when it takes place since I have my trip to Europe planned for late spring. If I can swing it though, I’ll be there! )

5. Dani 8 July, 2013 at 11:30 am Reply

Mel that looks like an amazing conference!
    Dani recently posted..Life SucksMy Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 1:28 pm Reply

It was absolutely amazing, Dani! This was my second time attending and I loved this year’s conference just as much as the first. I’m definitely hoping to make it back again next year! )

6. Beeb 8 July, 2013 at 3:15 pm Reply

Is that a waffle sandwich that they gave you on first class? Now I know what I’m missing in coach! D Awesome photos!
    Beeb recently posted..FitBloggin’ GoodBye DinnerMy Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 6:54 pm Reply

No, it wasn’t a waffle. It was a whole wheat sandwich thin. In between was a poached egg, white cheddar, and a turkey sausage patty. It was yummy!

• Beeb 8 July, 2013 at 9:05 pm Reply

That actually sounds even better! Mmmm.
        Beeb recently posted..FitBloggin’ GoodBye DinnerMy Profile

• TheDailyMel 8 July, 2013 at 9:15 pm Reply

I was actually impressed that the meals I had in first class both ways were reasonably health. On the return flight (photo coming in my part two post), I had a side salad and Moroccan chicken that was made with a boneless skinless chicken breast.

7. Jodi @ 13.1 Miles to Disney 8 July, 2013 at 6:30 pm Reply

Great recap! I can’t wait to read and see more!
    Jodi @ 13.1 Miles to Disney recently posted..Half Marathon Training – Week 1 RecapMy Profile

8. Danielle 8 July, 2013 at 10:14 pm Reply

I love your pictures. I miss fit bloggin so much already.

9. Tracy 9 July, 2013 at 11:08 am Reply

I’m so jealous! Fitbloggin’ always looks like so much fun. I’ll get to go, one of these years. )

It looks like you had an awesome time, from these photos. The karaoke! The karaoke in bathrobes! And that lunch. Om nom nom. Yes please.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and I can’t wait for the rest of the photos!
    Tracy recently posted..Weigh-in #28: July 9, 2013My Profile