It’s time for another round of Kenlie’s Friend Makin’ Mondays (FMM). If you’ve participated in FMM in the past, then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over on Kenlie’s FMM post for this week so everyone can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea of FMM is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to link your own FMM post and then go comment on a couple of other posts. Now, on to this week’s topic!
Have You Ever?
1. Jumped out of an airplane? No, and I never plan to either.
2. Lived alone? Yes, on more than one occasion.
3. Met a celebrity? Yes, quite a few of them, in fact. I worked in the music industry in Nashville for 8 years.
4. Said something to someone that you immediately regret saying? Yes, on more than one occasion.
5. Had a manicure/pedicure? More times than I can even begin to count.
6. Gotten a hickey? Yes, but not since high school.
7. Owned a pet that was not a dog or a cat? Yes. When I was a kid, we had both fresh-water and salt-water aquariums, terrapins, hermit crabs, and a guinea pig.
8. Been outside of your home country? I’ve traveled quite a bit around Canada and Mexico. I’ve also been to 48 of the 50 states in the U.S., but I’ve never left North America. That will be changing in about eight months when I embark on a transatlantic cruise to Europe.
9. Kissed your best friend? A friendly peck on the cheek kiss? Yes.
10. Eaten food that fell on the floor? Not that I can remember, but who on earth knows what I did when I was a kid.
11. Met someone online? Absolutely! In fact, most of my closest friends in real life now began as online friendships.
12. Been on TV? Yes, a few times. I actually appeared in a national commercial when I was a tween.
13. Had braces? Yes, for a brief period when I was in 4th grade and then I wore a retainer for about two years after that. I think they put them on me too early and took them off too soon because as I’ve gotten older, my teeth have spaced out again leaving me with a large gap between my two front teeth.
14. Gone skinny dipping? Many times back when I was young, cute, and skinny.
15. Been to the opera? Yes, a few times, but I really prefer going to watch ballet.
16. Been caught making out by a policeman? Yes, twice — once when I was a senior in high school and again when I was a sophomore in college.
17. Sung in public? Yes, I sang in choral groups in both high school and college. One of the highlights of my public performances had to be getting to sing on both the stage of the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville (original home of the historic Grand Old Opry) as well as on the stage of the Opry House which has been home to the Opry since 1974.
18. Handed out candy on Halloween? I used to love doing this when I lived in Nashville, but I don’t seem to get many trick-or-treaters where I live now. I always pick up a bit of candy to have on hand just in case, but most years I just end up taking it to the office because no kids showed up.
19. Been snowed in? Several times when I lived in Tennessee. The area where I grew up pretty much shut down whenever we got more than an inch or two or snow because they weren’t really equipped to deal with it. Conversely, I was in Cleveland, OH once when a blizzard came through and dumped four feet of snow overnight. The only way that amount of snow slowed us down there was just the time it took us to dig out the driveway. By the time we finished that, the streets had already been plowed and we were at the mall by 10am.
20. Fallen in front of other people? Yes, once in colossal fashion which included being knocked unconscious. Learn from my mistake: don’t have a snowball fight in a Big Boy parking lot if you aren’t familiar with where the concrete car stops are in the parking spaces. Just sayin’ …
21. Cheated on a test? No, but I had someone cheat off of me one time and I got in trouble because the teacher thought I was “in” on it. For the record, I wasn’t.
22. Regretted saying “I love you” to someone? Yes, once. I absolutely meant it, but found out he didn’t feel the same way about me and just considered us “friends with benefits.” I’ll never make that mistake again.
23. Finished a meal in a restaurant and realized that you didn’t have your wallet? No, but it happened to a former boyfriend back in college when we were on a date. He always kept his wallet in the glove box in his car rather than in his pants pocket. When he got to my place to pick me up, his car wouldn’t start when we were leaving for the restaurant, so we ended up taking my car. He forgot to grab his wallet out of his car when we made the switch, so I ended up paying for dinner.
24. Shot a gun? Yes, all the time when I was a kid. My dad had a Federal Firearms License and ran a small gun shop on the side for fun in addition to his regular job. I’ve shot everything from small derringer handguns all the way up to high powered rifles and the Kentucky long rifles that my dad used to custom build. I knew how to refill shotgun shells and checker gun stocks before I knew how to wear makeup or high heels.
25. Heard a song that was written for (or about) you? No, unless “Melissa” by the Allman Brothers counts.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to go over to Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!
Until next time …