Simply Filling Slow Cooker Chili
Recipe type: Slow Cooker
Cuisine: Main Dish
Makes six servings of approximately 1-cup each.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 96% lean ground beef
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans beans (kidney, pinto, or black), drain one can
- 1 tbsp chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions soften.
- Add the ground beef and all the spices. Cook until no longer pink, breaking the beef up with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the beef into a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes and beans. Stir well to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
If following the Tracking plan, it is 6 PointsPlus per serving. If you are a vegetarian, simply substitute a bag of Boca Crumbles in place of the ground beef.