Even though I’ve already completed the new two week Simple Start plan for Weight Watchers, I thought I would share this recipe since a lot of other folks are just getting started. This is a pretty quick & easy slow cooker chili recipe that I’ve been making for several years. Not only will it work for Simple Start, but it will also work for the traditional PointsPlus Tracking method as well as Simply Filling. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 96% lean ground beef
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans beans (kidney, pinto, or black), drain one can
- 1 tbsp chili powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp ground cumin, or to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions soften. Add the ground beef and all the spices. Cook until no longer pink, breaking the beef up with a wooden spoon. Transfer the beef into a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Add the tomatoes and beans. Stir well to combine. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Makes six servings of approximately 1-cup each.
Until next time …