Just like the previous week, I went into my meeting having completed a great week! I stuck with my eating plan every day. I drank lots of water. I got in some activity. I checked off my Good Health Guidelines. The result? A maintain.
My initial reaction? Honestly? I just wanted to say screw it and go out and eat a bunch of crap food. My brain immediately went to that place of wondering why on earth I’m putting myself through all of this hard work and then not even see the reward for my efforts.
Instead of going off on a binge, I did two very smart things. First, rather than just bolting from the center as I might have done in my previous time on Weight Watchers, I stuck around for the meeting so I could see my friends. Secondly, I reached out to those friends and shared my frustrations with my pals Dee and Kerry. In order to help me stay on track this week, Kerry suggested we touch base with each other on a daily basis this week. Brilliant! By holding myself accountable to check in with Kerry, it will help keep me on the straight and narrow and not give in to my emotional reaction to the scale.
I guess I technically did three smart things. After leaving my meeting, I headed to the grocery store. I stocked up on lots of healthy foods for the week and plan to switch to Simply Filling again this week. I just seem to gravitate toward eating a lot more processed foods when I’m following Tracking. I do so much better about eating cleanly when I follow Simply Filling. Here’s a peek at what I bought:
- Posting Daily Positives on my Instagram feed.
- Walking a lap around the perimeter of my office building (~1/4 mile) every time I take a bathroom break.
- Other than my morning coffee, not allowing myself to drink any flavored beverages until I’ve consumed at least 48 oz. of water.
On top of those, here are some new routines I’ll be working on this week:
- As mentioned before, touching base with Kerry every day.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per day.
- Eat a fruit and/or vegetable with every meal.
- Eat protein with every meal.
What are some of your healthy routines? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Until next time …