Now that I’m back to cross stitching again, I decided to join the Election 2016 Challenge taking place in the Stitch Maynia group on Facebook. It seems like a fun way to survive the last couple of weeks of this whole crazy election cycle. I’ll be glad when it’s over!
There is a different theme for each day from October 25 through Election Day on November 8. Here are the pieces I’ve worked on thus far. The image on the left is the starting point for each day and the image on the right is the ending point for each day.
Oct 27 – Blue States – Stitch on a piece with blue in it. Since the next house on Sea to Shining Sea was blue, I decided to continue working on that piece for day three of the challenge.
Oct 28 – First Female Major Party Candidate – Stitch on a piece with a woman in it. I decided to stitch on the Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbett from the September 2008 issue of Cross-Stitch and Needlework magazine. You can really see the woman in my pics since I was working on the pumpkin area, but she’s there. 🙂
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the challenge. I’ve decided what I’ll be working on for most of them, but still have a few more spots to figure out.
- October 29 – Purple States – Stitch on a piece with Purple in it. (Plan: Thanksgiving Harvest Fairy by Mirabilia. This will be a new start.)
- October 30 – Make WIPs Great Again! – Stitch on a WIP you haven’t stitched on in a very long time. (Plan: Quaker á 6 Mains – a 2006 freebie collaboration between Broder Ensemble/Le 498/A Mon Ami Pierre – unable to locate online anymore)
- October 31 – D for Democrat – Stitch on a piece linked to the letter D. (Plan: Dance in the Rain by Lizzie Kate)
- November 1 – Primary Elections – Stitch on the piece you have made the least progress on. (Plan: Thanksgiving Harvest Fairy by Mirabilia.)
- November 2 – R for Republican – Stitch on a piece linked to the letter R. (Plan: Dance in the Rain by Lizzie Kate)
- November 3 – Campaign Signs – Stitch on a piece with a sign, banner, or plaque on it. Don’t have one? Stitch on a piece with text in it! (Plan: Eiffel Quaker by Jardin Privé – no sign, but it does have text)
- November 4 – I for Independent – Stitch on a piece linked to the letter I. (Plan: Sea to Shining Sea by Little House Needleworks – uses Belle Soie silk in Icing)
- November 5 – Electoral College – 270 Votes – Stitch on something related to 270. Ideas: 270 stitches in a piece, 2 WIPs-7 colors-0 complaints, 2 pieces-70 minutes – get creative! (Plan: absolutely no idea yet. LOL)
- November 6 – White House – Stitch on a piece with white or a house in it. (Plan: Sea to Shining Sea by Little House Needleworks)
- November 7 – GOP – Grand Old Party – Stitch on a party themed piece. (Plan: No idea yet)
- November 8 – Election Day! – Stitch on a piece related to November or the number eight. (Plan: Thanksgiving Harvest Fairy by Mirabilia)
Most of these pieces are also on my Year in WIPs challenge list, so I’ll be making progress on that front, too. I’ll be posting a status update on that challenge next week to show what I accomplished during the month of October.
I’ll be heading to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow. I’ll be back with my weekly weigh in post on Monday.
Until next time …